Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dolphins 0 Jellyfish 1

It has been brought to my attention that some of my Welsh cousins were filmed playing football (soccer to you Americans), or I guess a more apt description would be tailball, with some jellyfish off the coast of Wales recently. The U.S. television news commentator said the Bottlenose Dolphins repeatedly flipped the jellyfish high into the air, and he called them “playground bullies.” I must admit I concur. Dolphins do not appreciate it at all when Orcas do the same thing to us (usually it is Transient Orcas just before they eat us). I suppose there is some measure of good news in this incident in that dolphins rarely eat these stinging, diaphanous creatures; however, I am sure that fact gave them little comfort as they were being zipped through the air. Therefore, I hereby sincerely apologize to the jellyfish of Wales on behalf of my kin. And I award the game to the jellyfish by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment