Sunday, September 13, 2009

Great Whales take on the Great White Way

Associated Press Writer, Karl Ritter, in his article titled “Greenland’s melt mystery unfolds, at glacial pace” (cute) describes the recent increase in speed of Greenland’s glaciers. All the glaciologists, and climatologists, and oceanologists putting their learned heads together cannot agree on why (go figure), but the implications are potentially catastrophic. If the ice sheet melts, sea level could rise by as much as 100 feet. I know, I know, you are thinking, it is just another stupid, scary eco-story from the left coast. Believe what you want, but I, for one, am looking forward to swimming down Broadway with my fellow dolphins. Who knows, maybe it will even be deep enough for my whale friends. "Great Whales take on the Great White Way", pretty catchy headline, don't you think? See you there…by the way, how long can you tread water?

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Your book sounds interesting. Eku, a spinner dolphin is the best friend of my protagonist in my historical novel, Wai-nani, High Chiefess of Hawaii. Check out the first chapter on my site
    www.LindaBallouAuthor.com

    ReplyDelete