Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?

It certainly was not to save the life of a human. I am stunned and frustrated that some among your kind liken the slaughter of my fellow whales and dolphins to that of cows and chickens. There are countless, well-documented examples of whales or dolphins saving human lives, or expressing gratitude through gentle physical contact with a human when the situation was reversed. And yet, there are far too many ignorant people who still make this inane comparison. I wish I could ask them when was the last time they read about a cow saving somebody from a grizzly bear. Or a chicken rescuing a drowning swimmer? Or even better, I wish I could get them into the deep and dark waters off the Farallones, with a 6 meter Great White Shark closing in on them, and see if they would still hold to this view, when I and a few of my dolphin friends chased the shark away. I think not. Oh well, the fact that some of you are idiots does not lessen my love for mankind. See you on the far side of the surf.

2 comments:

  1. Hey RAR, I definitely dig the ideal of your blog and quest. Keep up the strong work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RAR, I appreciate your comment on my DolphinWorld blog. I am always looking for new and exciting facts about dolphins, especially about dolphin swimming or how they use their echo location. I hope you have a lot of success with your book. Come back to my blog again.
    God Bless,
    John

    ReplyDelete